Thursday, February 12, 2015

My Analysis of "Advice to Youth" by Mark Twain

The essay "Advice to Youth" by Mark Twain is relevant to my life in many ways. The things that stand out to me the most are that lying is an art and always obey your parents. I do believe that lying is an art because constructing a great lie that people believe will be remembered. It can also get you out of many tough situations in your life until you can find a way to fix a problem or to excuse you from a place you don't want to be. I use lies to get me out of going somewhere or participating in something that I don't want to be a part of and things workout very well. Lying can be a good asset in the future if you use it properly in the right situations just like the man who took the credit for creating anesthesia from the person who actually mad it by lying and now he is well know as the man who created anesthesia. Obeying your parents is very relevant to my life because what Mark Twain was true ".. if you don't obey them they will make you.". From personal experience that is very true because whether you want to do it or not you end up doing it anyways. Parents always think they know best which is why they always make you do what they ask you to do because they think it will teach you something that will help you in your future. Mark Twain was right in a lot of ways in this essay and I think more kids should read hos advice because it is not the usual advice that people normally tell their children and it could be beneficial to them. They could also learn something like I did that they could use to their advantage

No comments:

Post a Comment